Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry Potter - The Boy who Lived!!

For those who know me, they also know that I would go like crazy second week of July every 2 years eagerly talking about Voldemort,Griffyndor and all that....and go at all extents to buy the latest offering from JK Rowling whom I had wish had written these years ago when I was in school. It does feel odd next to tinytots in a queue waiting to get the copy. Usually I buy at Landmark...But last time I shifted to Odyssey to buy the book as it was on the way to work.,...This time I am buying at Oxford bookstore Nungambakkam since they give a whopping 17.5% discount on the book...This is the most important time of my life as I along with the other pottermaniacs have waited so eagerly for Rowling to deliver the finale. ...Everywhere I go, people who have not read the book say to me " Harry Potter dies...he gets killed" as though they have seen Rowling write the book in real. My advice to them - you guys can wait for the movie....But for the pottermaniacs with whom I share a sense of brotherliness I must say - "Rowling wont disappoint us folks..I am sure she has kept the best for the last." ..Apparently she wept over the climax and did say that she couldnt end it any better...cmon give this woman a helping hand...Dont be harsh with her even if she kills harry...She has kept us thrilled and feeling so enthralled and fixated with her lively imagination..I must say she has surpassed Enid Blyton with just 7 books...People who havent read Potter know that its just magic and some gibberish...But the intricacy and the links are lost if you havent read the book....Its like watching cricket without haing played the game...Rowling has bound not only the kids by her spell but adults like me who occasionally do search exodus through fantasies...I agree she couldnt match Tolkien but she did do her best...There were very lively characters and very innovative spells..And most of the kids dont even understand the book fully but they do just buy the book and flaunt their copies..Its a sense of owning their copy which matches the pleasure of driving a harley davidson...And I know on July 22nd I would have finished the book and would be discussing the book with all the pottermaniacs and then the world would know Harry's fate.....

But since Harry was the boy who lived I guess Rowling wont spoil this epithet......:)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Navin,

Yes I am really nervous on what will happen in the finale. (I am writing this exactly a day before)

Hope Rowling will not disappoint us this time (she has not until now).

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home