Thursday, March 02, 2006

Waist not, Want not!!!

Yours truly gets out of his office bus in the night and sees a Newport 50% sale nearby.Its the last date of the sale and near closing time.Since it is too late I asked the shop owner to get me a denim pant. Last time I checked my waist it was 36 and estimated mine to be 38 now. The shop owner was close to finishing his business and also didnt have a measuring tape. So I confidently asked him for the 38". Since the height kinda matched I took it home without trying it on. Next morning when I tried it on it seemed ok. I did feel that it was a little loose but thought I could manage without a belt. It was in office that I started feeling the first sign of predicament. The pant was loose and had slid down a bit. I had to rush to the toilet to pull it up properly whilst my friend nearby was asking me whether it was one of my usual stomach upsets. I returned confidently having pulled it up maximum somewhere near my stomach. As I sat down and started going into routine stuff when I realised that the pant had slid down again. Seeing my discomfort one of the colleagues nearby asked about my discomfort which I explained precisely. The colleague offered to help by asking me to stand up and checking the exaction position of the pant around the waist. I bluntly refused knowing the consequences. Then one colleague told me that if he made me run the pant would slide down fully and threatened to make me run. I was entirely terrified and glued myself to my seat. I felt as insecure as wearing a veshti. I swore to myself that I would get a belt soon. The brighter side of it was that I was still 36 which was a morale booster.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana said...

But you still look like a goonda buddy...

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Sheeba said...

UR SIZE NOW IS 40...IS THAT A MORALE BOOSTER????

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home